Since reading about this brand on BritishBeautyBlogger, and seeing LondonMakeupGirl's and CosmeticCandy's reviews of this range, I've been hankering after trying it, and I was squealing with excitement when I got the chance to try them out - I was sent five products to have a play with and review... so without further ado!
The first thing that hits you about the range is the packaging - the packaging is sooo pretty, and the good news is, that the pretty isn't just on the boxes - it's on the actual products themselves too... The bad news about the products is that they are (a lot) more expensive than a lot of high end ranges, so lets see if they are worth it!
The range is available now at www.zuneta.com
First up, we have RBR "Seas of Illumination; Highlighting Liquid" - I recieved this in the shade "Sea of Shadows" - I can't actually find this on the Zuneta website at the moment (possibly out of stock?), so I'm unable to give you a price for this unfortunately. It comes in a 30ml glass bottle with a pump dispenser...This is a gorgeous golden sheer liquid - a little of this goes a LONG way - I literally used a drop of the blob I pumped out and swatched it to produce the swatch above - half a pump is more than enough to do both cheekbones and browbones. I dread to think how much this cost, but it's one of the best illuminators I have ever used - It also lasts well - I've worn this for a shopping trip and various other daily activities today, and it's still going strong. This would also work well if a drop was added to foundation to give a lovely subtle glow to the whole face...
Next up we have "Devotion Ink Quartz Eyeliner" in the shade "Tiger Eye Essence". This is a true brown liquid liner with a coppery gold shimmer... It costs an eye watering £27!Having tried and failed in many attempts with liquid liners in the past (applicator too hard/soft/ thick/thin... consistency of liner too thin/thick/dry/wet etc), I found this really easy to use - you have to shake the bottle to mix the product, and you get a great intense colour, which dries not too quick and not too slow. Once dry it stays put, and manages not to crack and deposit shimmer all down the face. The applicator is great too - the end of the tip is very fine and also flexible, making it easy to get precise wings etc. The lustre paricle come from ground artificial quartz apparently... Available in three shades.
I also recieved a "When Birds are Singing" eye shadow mono in the shade Unforgettable Oriole (they are all named after birds!) - they are again beautifully packaged and the lids contain a good mirror - this is a very pretty metallic white gold shade, again these are pricy at £22.00 for 2.4g of shadow. Can be applied dry, wet or over primer.
The shadow is beautifully pigmented, and it lasted a full day on me without any sign of a crease - no fall out either I'm pleased to report - its available in 13 shades - I'm particularly lusting after Myserious Tinamou and Mountain Bluebird... the shadow I tried was a lovely texture, not so soft it crumbled, but not too hard to get any product on the brush, and its shimmery without being glittery, lovely!
A multi-purpose product now - again this is not currently on zuneta.com, so I am unable to give a price - perhaps it hasn't been launched yet/is sold out? This is a "Joys and Desires - Deacadent Duo" in the shade Samba - Enredo. It contains a lipgloss at one end and a blush creme-liquid at the other...
In the picture above, the gloss is swatched at the top and the blush is the bottom swatch. The lip gloss was a pretty shade, which lasted well and was just the right level of sticky. The blush was a lovely pink rosey shade, and was incredibly easy to blend out with fingers to give a lovely natural
flush of colour...
Finally, a "Forever Yours, Long-Last Lipliner" in the shade "Esteban", a beautiful nude bronzed pink shade - these are £20 each and available in 6 shades...The lip-liner is shown in the top swatch above...
This is a lovely nude shade, which I think would work as a great "all purpose" liner with lots of different shades - lasted reasonably well on too, and would also work as a stand alone colour with a clear gloss over it
So, how do the products look on? Here is a little FOTD for you...
Thursday, 30 July 2009
Hopping Mad for ROUGE BUNNY ROUGE!
My thoughts on the range? Yep, this is one pricey range of objects of lust, and for that reason I didn't want to like the range, but sadly, I have to say, I LOVE them - they are not something I could afford everyday, but I'll definitely be treating myself to more from the range (after some overtime). My favourite products are the illuminator (Which will last me ages), the quartz eyeliner (I want more of these!), and the eye shadows - I will eventually get the shades I mentioned above, one way or another... birthday and chrismas lists spring to mind!
The Verdict - Not the most credit crunch friendly range, but worth the overtime!
MizzWorthy x
Posted by mizzworthy at 20:42
Labels: FOTD, review., RougeBunnyRouge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Undoubtedly beautiful, but £20 for a lipliner - egads.. there's people starving in the world and all that.. xx
love your blog and your reviews are really helpful.
One request though! Please smile more for your FOTDs. You are so pretty that it's a shame we don't see more of your smile :)
Well you know I love this line! For me it is worth the money (and I bought it myself - would obviously disclose any freebies/promo stuff sent to try) - it's the same sort of price point as Le Metier, Chantecaille and Rock & Republic, and I do think it has an edge on all of those lines.
The eyeshadows are like butter to apply. I have the Mysterious Tinamou - it is gorgeous!
Grace
x
They look good but those are some shocking prices :) Nice review as always. I enjoy reading them!
ok i'm gonna be leaving your blog from now onwards i NEED that illuminator!!! i'm glad you didnt tell me the cost! *add to my wish list* sigh! RMK first though!!
xxx
Gosh, those products look GORGEOUS! Would love to try them...I think buying is out of the question for the foreseeable future lol! xxx
@Lipglossiping - I know what you mean - its a definite guilty pleasure!
@Sarah - lol, the only reason I don't smile? I have awful teeth!
@GraceLondon - I totally agree about having to disclose when we recieve products - I always strive to be really honest in the reviews - regardless of whether I was sent them, or I bought them myself - I review from the perspective of whether I would buy a product again myself from my own money - this range is going to be quite divisive at the moment I fear though - great quality, but I have a feeling it may not take off massively at these prices. I will however be doing some ovetime to get that eyeshadow lolx
@UnicornSmile - thanks for reading - I have a feeling a lot of people will feel exactly the same...
@Nicola - Aw, please don't leave! x
@Laura - Lol, I'll be doing some ovetime to get them myself! x
Looks so amazing! But not within reach for this girl in Canada ;-)
I will live vicariously through you and Grace London.
Michelle
lipstickrules.blogspot.com
The products are so beautifully packaged. It reminds me a bit of Pout's packaging, very girly and pretty. Love your blog, it's so informative :)
You girls are so bad for my wallet :)
@Michelle - possibly better for your wallet though hey?
@GlitterishAllsorts - Thats right! I was wracking my brains to thing what they remind me of - its pout! Thanks for reading x
@My Humble Reviews - sorry - this post should have come with a warning! xxx
These products really do sound gorgeous I particularly love the eyeliner but £27 that is crazy!! I think they are seriously going to have to review their pricing as I really don't think people are prepared to pay those prices (even us beauty addicts!!).
I love this range as well, so far got 4 of the lipsticks and 5 of the eyeshadows, will have to try one of the liquid eyeliners after reading your review
@Av - I know - it does seem a shame as these are such great products! x
@Replica - oooh - how are the lipsticks? xxx
Very pretty, you look radiant in these pics
Regarding the lipsticks, I really like them, they are creamy without being heavy and have good pigmentation and last well,really wearable colours as well, they are scented though which I know so people don't like.
Post a Comment