With the whole of Twitter and the Blogosphere all of a quiver over the newly launched ELF studio range, I decided to give some love to one of their other great lines - Minerals. I used a few bits I have from ELF's mineral line, as well as a few other bits and bobs, to create this look...

Products Used;Face;
RMK Creamy foundation
ELF Mineral booster powder to set foundation
ELF Mineral blush in Coral
Eyes;
ELF mineral eyeshadow in the shade "Royal" applied wet (using Body Shop VitE facial spray as a mixing medium) over the lid. Dry shadow then applied on top (same shade) and buffed outto create a smoky winged shape.
ELF Custom Eyes single shadow in "Golden Glow", blended into inner corner and into edge of the mineral shadow.
ELF Custom Eyes single shadow in "Sage" blended into crease and outer edge of the mineral shadow
Royal and Sage shadows also blended along lower lashline.
Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Electric along waterline.
Lips;
MAC Lavender Whip lipstick,
MAC Cremesheen lipgloss in Ever so Rich.
I also just painted my nails with my recent purchase from OPI - Done Out In Deco, which I am very impressed with! This is two coats, however I was really impressed with the coverage achieved from one coat too!
I have tried a few other OPI colours, usually shimmery/metallic, and I have to say I have been slightly "meh" about some of them... but I LOVE this creamy formula and finish! Any recommendations for other shades in this finish?
So what will we all be ordering from ELF Studio?
MizzWorthy x
22 comments:
Wow what a great look!
Love it!!
You have the most beautiful eyes!
xo
Love this look on you!
I might have to check ELF out and see if they ship overseas!
I have the same nail polish. Love it!
Michelle
lipstickrules.blogspot.ocm
You look amazingly beautiful jen. How do you do it :) your hair and eyes are amazing! I have ordered 7 things from elf studio. I guessed it was worth a try x
Love your hair colour!
xx
@DitzyMakeUp - thanks hun!
@Michelle - I'm fairly sure they do - I know its even cheaper in the USA too!
@Wallowpea - Aw stop lol - you are making me blush! Its the makeup and the camera angle lol - I'm not too hot in reality!
@Kimberley - thanks so much xxx
I love the ELF minerals :) I won one of them a while ago, and once I have money again I am deffo going to get some more :D
You are totally rocking the ELF look, looking gorgeous and love the hair xxx
Love Done out in Deco too :)
How natural is that blush? I like it!
Great Look!!
@Laura - thanks hun! I am in love with this opi nail varnish!
@Tali - I know, and so so cheap!
Yes! I fellow creme-finished nail lacquer lover.
Here's Kate's (longish) Favorite Nail Polishes That Have a Creme Finish:
OPI-
-Parlez-Vous OPI? (smoked-out lavendar. I went through one bottle all ready and bought a new one PLUS a spare I love it so much)
-Tickle-My France-y (nude purple kinda but I love it)
-Just Groovy (Smurf blue! I originally got it because my mom's pet name for me is "smurf" but I ended up loving the color)
-Miami Beet (beet red)
Orly-
-Calypso Breeze (blue!)
-Cashmere Cardigan (lavendar)
-Enchanted
Essie-
Mesmerize (Crayola blue. I'm wearing it right now. I may end up buying a spare)
-Greenport (a tealy-greenish blue)
-Watermelon (watermelon pink, duh)
-Lacquered Up (red)
I think I may have a few more OPI's, emphasis on "I think." I have to check. My favorite two--Parlez-vous OPI? and Tickle-My France-y--are from La Collection de France so you may want to snatch those up soon. I don't know if any of the colors from that collection (fab collection) are part of the permanent line so snatch them whilst you can. I have spares of them I love them so much (purple is my favorite color).
Ahem, you were wondering about the infamous mouse picture, yes? Well, here it is--Katie in Dreaded Mouse Uniform at 6 Years Old. Enjoy!
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs169.snc1/6336_1128705894893_1144560621_30537118_4592215_n.jpg
P.S. Scanner washed out the colors but I assure you, I'm wearing a ton of make-up.
@Kate - WOW! Thanks so much for all those great recommendations! I LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEE the picture too!!! xxxxx
Wow, you look beautiful. Ive seen their mineral makeup line and they look really good. Im still deciding whether I should buy their studio line brushes or not.
@Becky - thanks hun!Let me know how those brushes are if you pick them up! x
You're very welcome for all the recommendations.
That lid colour is gorgeous! I tried ELF's mineral foundation in fair, but found it too dark for me. Haven't tried any of the shadows or blushes though... thanks for sharing this look! xxx
Great look, that lippie looks so pretty with those eye colours!
As far as Creme finish OPIs go Double Decker Red is a fave of mine, just a classic creamy, rich red!
that lip colour is so unusual but so gorgeous!
What a beautiful look!
The eyes are sooo so pretty, and the lipstick looks fantastic on you... :)
xxx
very pretty...I love the pop of color on the lower lashline :D
@Kate - thanks again mouse ;-)) x
@Lipglossiping - I'm amazed at how good value they are - would always check these before I bought high end mineral shadows etc now, only prob is quite small range - shame about the foundation too, but I'm guessing if it was too dark for you, it is likely to be too dark for me too! Mineral booster powder is great though! x
@Stefanie - I've been doing online window shopping actually and DDRed has caught my eye on several sites!
@Liberty - As with all the best things from MAC though, sadly the lippie and gloss were LE...
@TinaMBC - Thank you! I really need to use this lip combo more... just don't want to run out! x
@Sofee - thanks so much! I love to add bits of colour like that! x
Great look dearie, the cheeks look especially gorgeous!
I love done out in deco too! Im an OPI nut, so I can definitely give you some reccs if you let me know the color family you are going for ;)
done out in deco looks fab on you -you have lovely nails!! xxx
@Krasey Beauty - any recommendation from the lilac-lavender-blue family would be amazing!
@Hele - thanks so much! I've started to try to take care of them and wear rubber gloves when doing the washing up, so we'll se how they go! x
Post a Comment