Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Review - Korres Tinted Moisturiser and Blush

I've heard a lot about the Korres range through YouTubers such as MoodEve and Sardun who both rave about the products and so when I was really happy to be offered the chance to test out a couple of goodies from the range.

First up - Korres Watermelon Lightweight Tinted Moisturiser, with SPF 30 - Oil free.
I always find the idea of a tinted moisturiser appealing in the summer, however I am invariably unimpressed due to either the colours (invariably too dark for me) or the longevity (poor), or the overall oily look they usually give me (quite an achievement as I have dry-combination skin...), and the complete and utter lack of coverage... In the past I have tried Body Shop, Benefit You Rebel, various drugstore ones and No.7, but not liked them. I've been using this for about ten days now, on a daily basis.
What Korres Say; Contains Watermelon extract, which is rich in vitamins, carbohydrates and amino acids, prevents photo-aging and decreases erythema. Free of all nasties such as mineral oil, silicone and propylene glycol (whatever that is!)

First of all, it has SPF 30, which makes it a winner in my book - I always slap on as many products with SPF in as I can, the whole year round, as I have a morbid fear of my skin turning into something resembling an old leather bag due to sun exposure... To find such high SPF in a tinted moisturiser is a rarity. It is recommended that the TM is applied 30 minutes before sun exposure to allow the SPF time to work...
The second thing I like about this product, is the amount of coverage it gives... this TM has ideas above its station and thinks it is a foundation lol! This, in my opinion is no bad thing - being pale any areas of discolouration show up really easily - such as red marks from past blemishes etc... this evens out the skin and covers it all up, but still looks natural. I'd compare this with my NARS nourishing foundation in terms of coverage.

The product applies really easily, I have been using my fingers, and found it really easy to blend - I find it has to be applied reasonably fast as it seems to sink into the skin fairly quickly - this may mean that some people with dry skins might find this is not moisurising enough for them. Its not too greasy looking on the skin either - it doesn't mattify, but gives a natural dewy look - which on me doesn't cross the border into greasiness... Obviosly this would depend on your skin type though!
Its available in three shades and I recieved the middle shade - I automatically expected it to be too dark, however it matched me reasonably well - I think if I ran out I would probably buy the lightest, but the medium works fine for me too, and I will use it up.
With it only being available in three shades people with dark or very pale skin will probably not be able to find a match...
I have notived that the TM has a yellow/olive undertone, but I like this as I sometimes find my skin can go a little bit blotchy and the yellow undertone counteracts it without making me look like Bart Simpson!
I have been setting this with a little bit of transclucent powder, and I have found that it stays put really well - I reckon I get 8-10 hours wear out of it this way, which in my opinion is pretty good for a tinted moisturiser.
It has a fresh watermelon scent - but this does wear off quickly after application.
This is a definite future purchase for me - It retails for around £18 for 30 mls.
I was also sent a Korres "Zea Mays Powder Blush" in shade 18 "Peach"
This is described as a natural looking blush, which contains corn starch powder for a natural luminous look...
As you can see, this is a pretty colour blush - I'm slightly surprised by the colour description though, as I'd definitely say this is a pink rather than a peach colour! It actually reminds me a lot of a MAC blush I used to own called "PeachyKeen" - this lasts longer on me though, as i find MAC blushes seem to just disappear on me...
I like the packaging of this too - it comes in a clean looking white square compact, with a mirror in the lid (a real mirror, not a rubbish one...), and its a decent size too - 6g of product.
This is an easy to wear colour for me, which gives a natural luminous, but NOT sparkly blush to the cheeks - it can be built up too. I'd say this is more pigmented than MAC blush, but less pigmented than Illamasqua. Its more expensive than both though - £16.15 - I like this blush, but I'm not sure it justifies that price tag...
Here is a pic (taken in crappy light - apologies...) of me having been wearing the TM for about 8 hrs, and the blusher for the same amount of time... I look a bit blue-tinged maybe, however I think you can see that the TM has lasted well, and the blush has also lasted well... Oh, I've also used my new Fekkai wave spray - what do we think? I think its worked well, but not sure I suit the wavy look? Opinions please?
Ok, so I'd also love to know if you have tried any other Korres products as the TM especially has made me want to pick up a few more - has anyone tried the foundations? I also really want to try the lip butters and some of the shower gels sound divine... I could get so carried away lol!
MizzWorthy xxx

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Korres make up is so cute, but you know... I love nice natural looks :)

Tali said...

I used that tinted moisturiser all week in the extreme humid head and was v.impressed to see I wasnt a greasy mess!! Love their stuff.. but agree the color descriptions can be soo off!! xxx

Glitterish Allsorts said...

the blush shade looks beautiful!(albeit weirdly described by Korres!) It really suits you and looks like a healthy natural flush which is always a good thing in my book.

Infact I think I might see if I can get my hands on one! :p

mizzworthy said...

@Gabriella - what other products would you recommend?

@Tali - the TM is really really good - will def be purchasing it when mine runs out!

@GlitterishAllsorts - it is a really pretty colour!

tackyblueeyeshadow said...

The blush is lovely and I love the waves in your hair, It suits you! :) x

mizzworthy said...

@TackyBlueEyeshadow - thansk so much! Its nice not to have to blowdry it! xxx

ellamarie84 said...

I have to say, I think that blush looks amazing on you! You look so beautiful in that pic! Thanks for the review also, I've been eyeing this TM for a while but haven't heard a ton about it. But just having the word "watermelon" in the name makes me want it haha!

Anonymous said...

That blush is hot!! I adore the Korress products that I've tried so far - all lip products (lipstick, Cherry Gloss and the Lip Butters) All fabulous quality IMO

Lorla said...

I've been curious about their tinted moisturizer and it sounds good... the makeup remover is quite nice and does a good job of removing everything. Yes the shower gels are quite lovely too.

Gail said...

Excellent review!! I do enjoy your reviews I must say. I have tried this fdtn and completely agree, it's more than a TM! I like it but not as much as I love my Estee Lauder DW or for TM I love Origins (not sure what I'll do when it runs out though, as Origins makeup got d/c in UK). Anyway back to Korres, their lip butter is fanatastic you MUST get one!! xx

Musing on Beauty said...

Great review! I have been wanting to try this TM for a while, you convinced me to give it a go.

I like Korres a lot, I have been using their body products for years and they smell so good. I also recently got their silicon-free primer but still have to try it, because I don't wear primer on a daily basis. MagpieSparkles did review it and liked it a lot anyway.

Jenny said...

I've never tried any of these products but I'd love to. Not sure where stocks it though. I love your wavy look. Check out my wavy look in my blog

http://jenny9119999.blogspot.com/2009/07/john-freida-frizz-eaze-dream-curls-curl.html

I was amazed at the results:)

My Humble Reviews said...

You look gorgeous.And TM looks like foundation.Love the wavy hair,it suits you :)

About Korres,I tried some skincare products,but after this reviews,I will try makeup range,too.

Xxx

Kelly said...

Looks lovely!! liking the hair too :)

mizzworthy said...

@EllaMarie - I really am pleased with it - it gives a lovely fresh look, will def be picking up another one!

@Stefanie - think I'm going to try a lip butter soon - I'm just not at all sure which one to get - obviously knowing me, I may well end up buying them all... obviously I need more lip balm lol x

@Lorla - thanks for the reccomendation - everything they do looks and sounds sooo nice...its hard to pick what I want lol...

@Gail - thanks for stopping by! The lip butter is going on the list... but which one lol! I have actually never tried any origins products... I feel I may be missing out!

@Mariella - I've seen and read magpies reviews of the primer and it does sound great... I hope the TM works for you! x

@Jenny9119999 - thanks hun - will be sure to have a look at that! x

@My Humble Reviews - thanks for the comment re the hair - it turned out a lot more curly than I thought, but maybe a bit too frizzy? Hopefully a few weeks without the heat will help! xxx

mizzworthy said...

@Kelly - thanks so much! xxx

Witoxicity said...

Great review! The blush shade suits you perfectly! I've been reading a great deal about Korres but it's so annoying that I can't get it here! Hmph!

Anonymous said...

I've been curious about the TM but never tried it. I have two blushes which i LOVE, one day i will also delve deeper into this brand.

Lipglossiping said...

I do love Korres, I have a couple of blushes and I'm always eyeing up the shower gels/body lotions in T.K. Maxx... Thanks for the review! By the way, love that lippy you've got on in the pic xxx

Lydia said...

The wavy hair look lovely.

Korres do some nice stuff; I used the pomegranate face cream when my skin was oily during pregnancy. I like the Basil Lemon and Mint Tea bath/body stuff.