Well, its about that time again... lets get carried away with our creative sides and play with colour and have a lot of fun in the process... It's my absolute pleasure to announce that the theme for the next Illamasqua contest is (drumroll please!).....
So dig out your comic books guys and girls, and lets play!!!
Without further ado...
The rules
There will be two categories for the contest - ie Superheroes and villains. You can enter either or both categories. After a lot of discussion, we have decided to continue to allow people to enter as many times as they like, however, please remember that your favourite look that you have created may not necessarily be the one that myself and Krystle choose to go through to the finalists. If similar issues arise as did with the last contest as a result of our decision, we may be forced to reassess this, and limit everyone to one entry, which we really don't want to do!
The contest is about makeup, not costumes - you don't need to go out hiring a costume or anything like that!
Your entry may either be in the form of a blog post or a video on you tube - if you decide to do a video entry, then please also email me stills for judging purposes
Your entry should be your interpretation of a hero or a villain, your look must be original. In your entry, please tell us a bit about your hero/villain, about any superpowers that have and what led you to the look you have created. You don't need to go into massive detail, but we love to know about what inspires people!
When you have completed your entry, please post a response below to let me know, and make sure I acknowledge your entry by commenting back - feel free to harass me til I do this! I do not want to miss anyones hard work!
Use any products you like, and tell us about what you used (ie you do not have to use Illamasqua!)
Its fine to use a willing volunteer if you do not wish to be photographed yourself, however, the look MUST have been created by you.
The contest is open internationally
Please make sure you subscribe to the blog.
The contest will close at midnight UK time on friday the 4th September (which is slightly more than 1 month!).
Finalists will be selected by myself and Krystal - the winners will then be chosen by Alex Box, who has kindly agreed to be the final judge! Winners will be announced approx a week later. Judges decisions are final!
Final prizes to be announced, there will be ONE winner in Each Category - ie one SuperHero and one Villain, but each will win some lovely makeup of their choice from Illamasqua... Winning looks will be published on this blog and the Illamasqua blog
Remember - BE CREATIVE, HAVE FUN AND BE ORIGINAL!

76 comments:
What are the rules??
OMG this is an AWESOME contest!
I may do a look for this one but not offically enter - my creative juices are flowing already, hehe!
xx
@jen - accidentally pushed publish before I'd finished writing it all up!
@Cat - you should still enter! xx
Lol! I see!!
Sounds like a *blast*!!
This one sounds fun!
@gracelondon - thhanks - we hope that the fun element will mean people don't feel too intimidated or anything to enter! xxx
Well I better get thinking then. I've been playing with masks lately and this would be a great opportunity to have some fun... now who is my favorite hero and villain???
Well I better get thinking then. I've been playing with masks lately and this would be a great opportunity to have some fun... now who is my favorite hero and villain???
This sounds really fun! Am still a bit too shy to enter myself but am really looking forward to seeing everyone's entries :)
Yay another contest! I aim to enter this one. x
hmmmm sounds like a good one!
Why why why did my dad take the digital camera on a kayaking trip and accidentally drowned the poor camera? It's times like these when I want that camera!
I hope this doesn't make me sound ignorant, but When is the deadline? I'm not sure if i'm blind or i overlooked it somewhere. :P
That sounds great.
I am quite shy,but I am looking forward to see other's entries.Good luck :)
Thanks MissWorthy for such a great blog.
Xxx
Sounds like a fun contest! I won't be able to enter this time ("real life" shit gets in the way), but I can't wait to see the entries!
@glitterishallsorts - go for it! Just use a friend or sister etc for a model if you are too shy yourself!
@Bubblegarm - can't wait to see your entry!
@UnicornSmile - hope you have fun!
@Kate - aw, beg, borrow or steal one lol!
@My-My - the deadline is mentioned in the post - its midnight uk time on the 4the sept hun x
@MyHumbleReviews - you should give it a go - just use a volunteer for a model!
@Piggy - thats a shame hun - maybe the next one? xxx
NOOOO another contest to torture myself with.. :)) Well as i dont need to study i may as well.. ok now i have to start goolig. Great idea for a contest..originality may be tough though!! xxx
haaaaahaha! yeah, i'm pretty blind/ignorant/oblivious. It was orange for me to spot! lol, thanks for still responding.
ANYWAYS! now to get my creative juices flowing
Just to be clear, is the superhero/villain to be of our own invention, or may we use an established one (so long as the look we create is not simply a recreation of the movie/comic?)
@Tali - we wanted people to just be able to have a lot of fun with this one!
@my-my - no problem!
@Jessica - the most important thing is thet the look is ORIGINAL - You can be INSPIRED by an existing character, or come up with your own - but tell us how you came up with the look, whichever way you decide to go about it! Hope that helps xxx
I have an idea for this, but it might be a bit gory(I'm very into SFX makeup) so I don't know whether I should skip the gore and do it normal or not, is there any rules against gore?
I absolutely adore these contests, they really push me to think outside the box :) xx
@Liberty - I guess no rules against gore - the SFX makeup sounds amazing, so go for it!
@Kraseybeauty - cool, look forward to seeing what you come up with! x
can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! you guys are always amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx
I finally have my inspiration but I have a question: can I use photoshop to change my iris and hair color. Because I can't wear contacts and I can't, well, hum, dye my hair that color. Obviously I won't touch up my face or makeup.
Would that be ok?
@Mariella - I'm happy woth you doing that AS LONG AS you include an untouched up photo, ie with original eye/hair colour as part of the entry so we can judge it on the makeup alone - Obviously if your look goes throug to the finalists then all your photos will be passed to Alex Box so she gets the whole picture of what you were going for - is that ok?
Here is my entry....Am I the first? :) xx
http://tackyblueeyeshadow.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-entry-to-mizz-worthys-super-heroes.html
great, thanks! (though I doubt I'll make it that far, but I wanna do it for fun!)
http://fernlaura.blogspot.com/2009/08/mizz-worthys-super-heroes-villains.html
^^ Thats the link to my contest entry. Thanks!! xx
Hiya,
My name is Emma, and this is the link to my contest entry! Thanks xoxo
http://electrogirlmixtape.blogspot.com/2009/08/illamasqua-and-missworthy-competition.html
It didn't turn out the way I wanted to, but was definitely fun anyways!!
Here's the link:
http://sparkleismycrack.blogspot.com/2009/08/mizz-worthy-villianess-contest-poison.html
xxx LK
Hi,
I had too much fun doing my first contest entry, so Ive done a hero one!
Here is the link,
http://electrogirlmixtape.blogspot.com/2009/08/second-mizz-worthy-comp-entry.html
Thanks! :] xoxo
This is my entry...
I hope you like it!!
Be patient with my english, I'm italian :P I put a lot of effort writing down the entry :P
xoxo
http://glamakeup.blogspot.com/2009/08/glamakeup-entry-mizz-worthys-contest.html
Here is my second entry to the Super Heroes category :) xx
http://tackyblueeyeshadow.blogspot.com/2009/08/second-entry-to-mizz-worthys-super.html
wow great contest idea<33
hey hun contest entry done xxx
@mizzworthy
Did you see my entry? I hope you like it :)
Here's my entry
http://unicornsmilebeauty.blogspot.com/2009/08/mizz-worthys-illamasqua-competition.html
Thanks for checking it out ;))
xx
what a challenging contest!!!
here's my entry:
http://gracifiedshopaholic.blogspot.com/2009/08/illamasqua-and-mizzworthy-competition.html
hope you like it!
Hi doll!
Just in time
Here is my entry ;)
http://madamebfatale.blogspot.com/2009/08/poison-ivy-contest-entry.html
Here is my villain entry!!!
Hope You like it!
http://glamakeup.blogspot.com/2009/09/glamakeup-entry-mizz-worthys-contest.html
Hi! Here's my entry for the contest...http://madeleinebouquet.blogspot.com/2009/09/villain-entry-for-mizz-worthys-contest.html
Thanks for doing this, it was lots of fun!:)
-L
Hey guys I fixed my comment section...Anybody can help me see If it works?
You can find the links of my contest entries above!
Let me know what you think :D
Tnx
Ta-da! Here it is:
http://www.kraseybeauty.com/2009/09/illamasqua-heroes-and-villains-contest.html
Here is my entry for your amazing (and fun!) contest!
http://icecoldlilywrites.blogspot.com/2009/09/mizz-worthys-heroes-villains-contest.html
Hi, I'm very new to blogging, in fact i only started last week. This is actually my first look. I don't know if i'm still eligable to win, but it was so much fun i don't mind.
Here's my entry:
http://lillianfunnyface.blogspot.com/2009/09/mizz-worthys-super-heroes-and-villains.html
http://superficialgirls.blogspot.com/2009/09/look-of-day-poison-ivy.html
here is my entry! :)
here's a second entry:
http://lillianfunnyface.blogspot.com/2009/09/miss-worthys-super-heroes-and-villains.html
:)
I posted my first entry above, hope you saw it! Here's my second entry
http://madeleinebouquet.blogspot.com/2009/09/hero-entry-for-mizz-worthys-contest.html
Thanks again, this was loads of fun!
-L
http://dirtyprettygirlsmakeart.blogspot.com/2009/09/mizz-worthys-super-villainhero-entry.html
My name is Dinah :)
Here is my third and final look for the Villains category:
http://lillianfunnyface.blogspot.com/2009/09/mizz-worthys-super-heroes-and-villains_03.html
thanks for putting up with all my entries!
hellooo mizz! thank you for your blog, amazing!
my entry is a youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZyWgv4k_ow
Heres my final entry, this time for the heroes catergory :P
http://lillianfunnyface.blogspot.com/2009/09/mizz-worthys-super-heroes-contest-this.html
And thank you so much for following, it really means a lot.
Hey there. I'm entering my version of Harley Quinn, The Joker's Lady Love, in the Villain category:
http://claresauntie.typepad.com/beauty_school/2009/09/entry-for-mizz-worthys-contest-harleyquinn.html
This was super fun, as always! :)
Ever hear of Dazzler? Here's my take on her look:
http://claresauntie.typepad.com/beauty_school/2009/09/my-contest-entry.html.html
xoxo
*jen
Hello! This is my entry for the superheroes category.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok3ii3QWXuo
I really enjoyed it and I wish good luck to everyone!
xo
Hey there! Such a fun contest. It is my first entry:
http://minnamarina.blogspot.com/2009/09/mizz-worthys-contest-entry-superhero.html
And now second one for Villain-theme:
http://minnamarina.blogspot.com/2009/09/mizz-worthys-contest-villain.html
I don't know if I am in time...
http://www.youtube.com/user/3nyka#play/all/uploads-all/0/bKUlv18nkP8
I have one question ( a little late, I know):
Can I use older, already posted pictures from Just-for-fun-postings I've done on my blog?
They would fit perfectly.
I will create a complete new look as well tonight.
Thanks for such a great contest!
Nothing like last minute! Here's my hero.
This is my part 1 entry for the contest
http://innenundaussen.blogspot.com/2009/09/contest-entry-mizz-worthys-stuff-part-1.html
There's a hero and a villain in this posting. You can enlarge every picture by clicking on it
Whoopsie! Thought I was done, but decided to do another version of Ms. Harley Quinn (villain).
http://claresauntie.typepad.com/beauty_school/2009/09/entry-for-mizz-worthys-contest-a-different-version-of-harley-quinn.html
So far, by the way, I haven't gotten confirmation on any of my entries. :(
PS: In case it wasn't clear, my Dazzler entry is for the Heroes category. (She's one of the X-men) :)
http://innenundaussen.blogspot.com/2009/09/contest-entry-mizz-worthys-stuff-part-2.html
My villain, finished just in time.
hey hun! I've got a last minute entry. I literally have like 3 mins til closing time so here u go...
http://vida-plastica.blogspot.com/2009/09/competition-entry.html
I hope u like it, it took me a while to find something that really inspired me
<3 Great competition, and great blog!
Omg i jsut realised somebody has already used my Villian, i just hope my look is the winner lmao!
<3
Thanks everyone! The contest is now OFFICIALLY CLOSED XXX
Hope I got my entry into comp in time yesterday had to set up blog messenger etc aarrgghh
hope this works
http://slavetomakeup.blogspot.com
BLAST! i JUST saw this contest and i was so about to do it, durnit! It looks so fun i hope you get a great winner! I'm hosting a look onmy blog too at the moment, check it out if you get a chance :)
Post a Comment