Thursday, 23 April 2009

Ikea Hate!

Ok, this is totally unrelated to makeup, but I need to know how strange I am... or otherwise!

My lovely BF has just informed me that we need to go to Ikea for various items. Immediately my heart was filled with dread - I really really loathe the "Ikea experience" .

I detest the fact that you have to follow that pathway around the whole shop and it seems to take forever - I just want to go in, get what I want and leave - Gah!

Am I alone in this hatred?

Love MizzWorthy xxx

14 comments:

Kirsten Read said...

No you're not alone, its the inconsiderate parents that let their children scream and yelp and run around mad that really does my head in!! A Hot Dog at the end of the journey helps ease the pain a little though ;) x

p.s, was at the Glasgow Illamasqua launch today - amazing! Going back tomorrow to buy foundation and blush! I just wanted everything to be honest!x

Clara said...

No - can't stand that place either! my mum took me once on a bank holiday monday and it scarred me for life. nasty fight involving a parking space. never going back. and the furniture just falls apart anyway! x

Natalia said...

the worst bit is the warehouse bit- heavy lifting boxes only to realise u got all the wrong stuff! I was lured in by green plastic moulded chairs- what the hell was I thinking?! xxx

MB said...

Ha Ha! It's not just women either - My boyfriend feels the same way and I have to drag him around Ikea as he hates it!

maybe it's me that's the weirdo! lol!

Laura said...

I love Ikea, but NOT when it's busy...Colin hates going, but if we go late at night, it's not too bad!!! x x x

Kelly said...

Im with Laura, I really like the place!! could be in there all day lol.
Hey Laura maybe Jen could take us when we go to Liverpool :)?? What do you think Jen?

mizzworthy said...

Thanks for all the comments girls - good to know I'm not alone!

@saskia - I am soooo jealous youn met Alex Box! Lucky you xx
@Kelly and Laura - Lol, we will NOT be going to Ikea!

Caroline said...

I love Ikea... when its not busy at all! If its quiet, brilliant, if its busy... nooo way. We made the mistake of going on Easter weekend last year, never again! x

Jenny said...

I quite like Ikea but I've only ever been twice. Northern Ireland got it's first Ikea about 2 years ago so it's still a bit of a novelty for me lol.

Kelly said...

ooooooooooooo but JEN!!! We want to go and spend the wholeeee day there :)

Kloey7 said...

You are soooooooooo not alone! I hate it! The Coventry one is dreadful, you go in there and you are not sure if you are ever going to get out and see daylight again...I avoid Ikea at all costs.

Ondine said...

I'm with you on this - it's way too crowded. Me and Mr C went there last weekend, v hungover, and we were ambling round in a daze holding hands (mostly so he could keep track of me) and almost at the same moment we looked around and realised we were surrounded by couples holding hands consulting lists. Silently we glanced at each other, let go and hussled through quickly - we'd fallen into some horrible Ikea stereotype and we didn't like it one bit. Snobs!

I wish you luck this weekend - be strong!

Anonymous said...

Don't even mention Ikea to me, I got food poisoning there haha! :-(

britishbeautyblogger said...

Ikea is secretly a relationship test. If you can survive an Ikea trip without arguing you should definitely get married! BBBX