Hi everyone,
Hope you are all well xxx
So this was started as a video by pinksealight, and as I don't have a camera yet, I'm going to be doing this in an old school style, just via my blog...
My interest in serious decent makeup didn't really take off until I was in uni and my housemate introduced me to a few pots of mac eye shadow, strobe liquid and a high end moisturiser. Prior to that I was very much into bourjois, rimmel and max factor... before that I was a cheap and cheerful, ususally secondhand makeup person, which is so laughable now.
So in my first proper makeup bag (the simple life, when makeup fitted into one small bag, brushes and all...) I had a black kohl pencil (I used this to try to do a smoky look, but ended up looking like I'd gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson... I also went through something of a goth phase but the less said about that the better. Suffice it to say purple mirrored tassle skirts, an army jacket and a pair of green doc martins were involved...) my mums old mascara (OMG - germ city!) a 'mood' lipstick that looked green in the tube but went on pink (these were the days of mood rings... I had one which looked like an eye and the eye would change colour, oh and I believe Barry M actually still make a lipstick like this!), a black lipstick (what can I say, I was ahead of my time...) from a pound store, a Rimmel pressed powder (this was, needless to say the wrong shade and I looked orange...) and a Rimmel concealer. As you can imagine I looked delightful throughout my teenage years...
Following on from this I turned to Bourjois. I went through a blue eye makeup phase, and they had a range which included a pale blue mascara, and a sparkly pale blue shadow. Pat butcher eat your heart out! I thought I was the best thing since sliced bread in this particular combo too. Obviously Rimmel lippies in birthday suit, heather shimmer and also a rather unfetching peach frost shade, the name of which now escapes me... Probably my minds way of coping with the mental trauma of this memory...
At uni, I started to experiment with liquid foundations, often loaded with SPF and as a result of this, I appear to be white in most photographs taken in the first two years there. I also had a brief flirtation with a bronzer from collection 2000 which entailed a brief return to my oompa loompa rimmel pressed powder days...
Shortly after this, my housemate took pity on me and introduced me to her MAC shadows etc. Since then, my obsession has flourished, and I think my makeup skills have too (god I hope this is true!). So I would like to dedicate this post to Yvonne, the housemate who saved me from myself and engendered a deep love of makeup in me...
Hope you enjoyed...
Love MizzWorthy xxx
Tuesday, 10 February 2009
Old School Makeup
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Brilliant post, made me laugh a lot!! So much of it reminds me of myself, i was such a fan of my HIDEOUS Rimmel blue eyeshadow set, mm mmm!!!
HAHAHA!!! love the blue eyeshadow description. Actually I bet you look good in blue e/s.... shame Pat Butcher has given blue and silver e/s such a bad name really!
You are so funny. "ten rounds with Mike Tyson"! LOL Love your blog!:) Thank you for your first comment and "following". I discovered it "accidentally" (I didn't get any notification) today's morning. I'm a newbie here.:)
Oh no! Mood lipsticks - gah!! I remember those days - everything was mood changing. Hilarious :)
great post.
oh my goodness i remember mood lipstick...horrid
Post a Comment