Sunday, 7 June 2009

TAG - Love me or Hate me, I'm still an Obsession!

Thanks so much to Laura (Or Lovely Laura, as I have taken to rather pervily calling her lol)..
The idea of this TAG is simple, for each category pick a product/thing that you love, and one you hate!
I Tag:
Happy1234
Saskia the Salsa Fairy
I Would Go Out Tonight...
Sirvinya
DressJunkie
Rebecca (Panda Does Makeup)
Gabriella (Angels with Dirty Faces)
British Beauty Blogger
Oxford Jasmine
Bubblegarm

1. Lips
*LOVE*
Anything bright, be it lipstick or lipgloss... From MAC violetta and Big Bow, to my Illamasqua intense glosses, spring and summer are the perfect times to play with colour... of couse at work I have to tone it down, and I'm loving the Body shop's double ended LipShine and Cheekstains for this - I have both but my personal favourite is the coral sand version
*HATE*
Barry M 101 - Sorry everyone, I know a lot of people love this one, but lipstick shouldn't be this much hard work! Also the colour really really doesn't suit me and I look like a corpse wearing it. It also has the uncanny ability to make my lips look extremely dry and flaky, even if they are perfectly hydrated prior to applying...

2. Face
*LOVE*
A dewy highlighted look... minimal powdering, and the use of cream blush and a creamy highlighting product seem to do this for me... I like mememe's liquid Illuminator and Lies cream blush from Illamasqua for this
*HATE*
Again, sorry for going against popular opinion on this one, but Glam Tan from Prestige Minerals is just not something that works for me - I know loads of people love this, so maybe I'm applying it wrong, but it just seems too glittery to work as a bronzer, and too dark to work as a blusher... Don't get me wrong, I am a convert to using bronzer, but this one is just not for me!
3. Hair
*LOVE*
The fact that I've managed to cut back from washing every day to every three days (Batiste is a god-send!) - my hair feels a lot happier and healthier, and also I hope that this will help my new colour last longer - Red is notorious for washing out!
*HATE*
Chi Silk Infusion - like many others I loved this when I bought it, but as time progressed I found it just made my hair greasier and less attractive as time went on... I now have 1 and a half bottles of this going to waste, so I may well end up putting it up for swap, as I know a lot of people still like it, and I hate to think of it going to waste, languishing at the bottom of my collection...

4. Eyes
*LOVE*
Using coloured eye liners (urban decey 24/7 are really great), and surprisingly, I am loving the Barry M 3 in 1 Mascara... I truly expected not to like this, but for once this is a mascara that lives up to its promises - it lengthens, volumises and curls and holds well for the day...
*HATE*
UDPP - This just simply doesn't cut the mustard anymore! When I first bought it it was the first eye primer I had tried and I was impressed, however as time has gone on, it seems not to work as well, and I also discovered other bases such as certain MAC paintpots (these do seem to vary in consistency and ease of use in my opinion...) and Illamasqua cream eye shadows, which work much better, and I like playing with different colour combos too...
5. Body
*LOVE*
Coconut and Shea Butter body butters... perfect scents for the summer, and super hydrating... Body Shop Body Butters are one of the few products that prevent me from suffering from having really dry itchy legs half way through the day - not a good look!
*HATE*
Inefficient deodorant - I don't mind admitting that Mitchum seems to be the only one that stops me from turning into a sweaty mess whilst I'm dashing around at work... I have tried a few from Vaseline intensive care and Dove, and they smell lovely, but I hate feeling sweaty... sorry for the vivid description there guys!
Please let me know if you think there are any must have products out there to try, and also if you know a way to use glam-tan or the BarryM lipstick!
MizzWorthy x

8 comments:

Louise H said...

I'm with you on UDPP - I went with the hype and bought it and I am not impressed it makes my eyes sting when it runs and I don't think it makes a jot of difference - I much prefer layin low paint pot or mac prep and prime eye

jobetterdays said...

I have to say I agree with you on the Barry M 101 and Glam Tan. Can't get either of them to work for me!

Nicolavc86 said...

i'm the same with barry m lip paints in general, i'm yet to find one that doesnt make my lips look awful! i'm praying on the peachy pink one because it looks so pretty really need to order it but dont dare incase it disappoints!!
xxx

mizzworthy said...

@ everyone - its good to know I'm not the only one who has these issues lol! Everyone else seems to love these products xxx

Anonymous said...

Great answers!! I love coloured eyeliner too, there's quicker or easier to add colour

Krasey Beauty said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. I agree, UDPP is not all its cracked up to be!

And I love that you love Illamasqua ;)

Gail said...

great post, and may I say I LOVE your banner, wowza!!!

I just bought 2 Barry M lipsticks, 101 and 62 (bright pink) and they are both shoddy crap. (a)the colours are jjust wrong wrong wrong and (b) they are so drying and apply horridly. It did nothing to convince me to delve more into drugstore ranges. I'd have rather got one good MAC lipstick for the money, frankly. Sad.

mizzworthy said...

@Stephanie - my personal fave is the bright blue one from urban decay 24/7... I bought it as part of a set and I will probably be needing a full size one soon...

@Krasey Beauty - Ta chick! I can't hide my love for the stuff lol

@Gail - I know what you mean - I have number 132 which I like in terms of colour and formulation from BarryM, but I really dislike 101 in particular... Still, the dazzle dusts continue to rock, and also I am a new fan of that mascara - big surprise to me, as I expected it to be poor quality...